Saturday, November 1, 2014

One Sheet Wonder Series - Card I and O

Happy Saturday.  Did you survive Halloween?  My boys got more candy than they will need for a month.  Oh well, it was fun and they really do enjoy getting dressed up.  At 4 & 6, they are excited and our neighbors and friends still think it is cute.  It only lasts so long - just like a lot things in childhood.

But enough of that.  Time for some more cards in my One Sheet Wonder series.  This time we are going to go out of order a bit.  I am going to feature Cards I and O this week.

Just starting out - I have done all the measuring for you and have prepared cutting diagrams to help you get the most from your cardstock and DSP.  If you want to work ahead, you can cut the cardstock and DSP and label them with the letter on the diagram.  Then sort them by letter so you have all the pieces you need for assembling each card.  I also have some general directions for all cards as well as specific directions for each card - including the folding technique.

Card I - Standard Side Fold
Card base:

1.  Start with a card base cut 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
2.  Score at 4 1/4"
3.  Fold in half on the score line.
4.  Embellish!


Card O - Joy Fold Card

Card base:

1.  Cut card base to 4 1/4" x 8 1/2"
2.  Score:  5 1/2"
3.  Cut second pieces of card stock to 3" x 8"
4.  Score:  4"
5.  Adhere 4" x 5 1/4" piece of DSP to inside of card.
6.  Add adhesive to the back of the smaller card base and adhere to the main card base.  Make sure the fold of the smaller card is opening to the right.
7.  See tutorial if you need more information:





Shop for the supplies for these cards at my online store.

All items Stampin' Up unless noted.
Stamps:  Something to Say
Paper:  Park Lane DSP, Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
Ink:  Soft Suede
Other:  Daffodil Delight 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Neutrals Candy Dots

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    I tried posting & it didn't seem to go anywhere, so I am trying again. I apologize if you get this twice! I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all your hard work putting these demos together. I love that you give us the dimensions & samples. The visuals are really great for me. I will be using these for a long time. Thanks again for sharing! Blessings, Jan

    ReplyDelete